So you could actually have two mushroom caps, with 1 egg plus 1 egg white in each cap and two mushroom caps with 1 egg in each, for a total of 4 caps.
portobello mushroom caps
fresh parsley or thyme
1. Clean the portobello mushroom caps with a damp cloth, remove the stem and scrape out the gills so you have a well deep enough for the egg.
2. Rub a little bit of olive oil on the outside of the mushroom to help it cook and keep it from sticking to the pan. Arrange the caps on a baking sheet.
3. Crack each egg into a small bowl and then carefully slide it onto a mushroom cap
4. Sprinkle with black pepper and fresh herbs of choice â I used parsley but thyme would be great as well.
5. CAREFULLY place the baking pan into the pre-heated 375 degree F oven and bake for 20-30 minutes. The amount of time required depends on how thick your mushrooms are and how done you like your eggs