WOLFGANG PUCK’S GRILLED ROSEMARY GARLIC SHRIMP KEBABS: Summer is in full swing, so fire up your BBQ!
3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon lemon zest, grated
2 or 3 fresh basil leaves, cut into fine julienne strips
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
2 lemons, cut into 8 wedges, seeds removed
8 sturdy fresh rosemary sprigs, each 6 to 8 inches long
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. In a large nonreactive bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, lemon zest, basil, and garlic.
2. Add the shrimp, stir to coat them evenly, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour and no more than 3 hours.
3. Preheat an outdoor grill, an indoor double-sided grill or the broiler. Strip the leaves from each rosemary sprig, leaving just a tuft at one end. With the knife or gardening sheers, trim the opposite end of each branch to a point. Soak in water for 15 minutes.
4.With the tip of a small, sharp knife, carefully remove any visible seeds from the lemon wedges. Set the wedges aside.
5. Remove the shrimp from the marinade and skewer them on the rosemary sprigs, passing the point of each branch through both the head and tail end of each shrimp and alternating the shrimp with lemon wedges on the skewers.
6. When the grill or broiler is ready, season the shrimp on both sides with salt and pepper to taste. Place the skewers on the grill rack directly over the fire, or under the broiler, and cook until they turn bright pink all over, 1 to 2 minutes per side, turning the skewers once with long-handled tongs.
Serve immediately, encouraging guests to slide the shrimp and lemon wedges carefully off their skewers and squeeze the warm lemon wedges over the shrimp.
*Courtesy of Wolfgang Puck’s “Wolfgang Puck Makes it Easy.”