Some days you just crave a good juicy burger!
Make it IP friendly for all phases by making a Big Mac Salad! Perfect way to put an end to those cravings and stay on track! This salad is perfectly paired with turnip fries! Check out the recipe from mintedcotton.com and let us know what you think!
CELERY & CUCUMBER SALAD WITH MINT & PARSLEY
6 celery stalks
1 English cucumber (seedless cucumber), peeled, seeded and thinly sliced crosswise
1/3 cup cup coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh mint
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
Toss together celery, cucumber, parsley, mint and oil in a bowl. Season to preference with salt and pepper. Fresh summer salad from IP forum “RainbowSmiles” and Ideal Protein -Lohja Finland
1 Pkg Chocolate Drink
1 Egg White
1 Tsp Baking Powder
1 Tbsp of Olive Oil
1 Tsp of Splenda or Stevia
1 Splash of Vanilla
1. Put the powdered drink mix in a BIG mug.
2. Add enough water to bring it to a slightly watery pudding consistency (around 4-6 Ounces)
3. Add ALL the other ingredients (egg white, baking powder, oil, sweetener and vanilla).
4. Mix it like crazy with a big fork until it is silky smooth.
5. Put the mug in the microwave for about 3 minutes ON TOP OF A BIG PLATE.
6. Watch it as it expands while cooking & contracts while cooling.
LET COOL AND ENJOY!
1 pound lean ground beef
2 tsp dry minced onion
½ tsp garlic powder
½ tsp sea salt
¼ tsp pepper
Other seasonings to taste
Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl, mix should not be too wet, start with 1 egg if too dry add the second, shape meat into golf size balls, place on baking sheet with sides bake at 375⁰ for 15-20 minutes until meatballs are cooked through.
4 large bell peppers (any color)
1 lb extra lean ground beef or ground turkey
1 clove garlic, minced
1 cup cauliflower, grated **See cauliflower rice recipes in the tip of the week for extra flavor**
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes
1 can (8 oz) plain tomato sauce (low sugar or sugar free)
- Cut thin slice from stem end of each bell pepper to remove top of pepper. Remove seeds and membranes; rinse peppers. If necessary, cut thin slice from bottom of each pepper so they stand up straight. In 4-quart Dutch oven, add enough water to cover peppers. Heat to boiling; add peppers. Cook about 5 minutes; drain.
- In 10-inch skillet, cook meat and garlic over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until meat is brown; drain. Stir in cauliflower, salt, pepper, diced tomatoes and tomato sauce; cook until hot.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Stuff peppers with meat mixture. Stand peppers upright in ungreased 8-inch square glass baking dish.
- Cover tightly with foil. Bake 30 minutes. Uncover and bake about 10 minutes longer or until peppers are tender.
Looking for a tasty phase 1 friendly substitute for Chinese Take out? Look no further!
1 .5 lbs. beef chuck roast, sliced
4 cups broccoli florets
1 cup beef broth
1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
1/4 cup water
Place thinly sliced beef strips in a slow cooker and pour beef broth and soy sauce over meat.
Cover and cook until beef is tender. Cook time is usually 6-8 hours on high or for 3-4 hours on low.
Add broccoli to slow cooker after beef is tender and cook for 30 minutes until broccoli is tender. Drain excess fat if necessary before adding broccoli.
Serve and enjoy!
1 cup ice in bottom of blender
1 IP Ready Made mango drink
A big handful of spinach
Add 2 or so Tbs water to drink bottle and shake to get out remaining mango drink and pour over spinach. Blend on smoothie cycle and enjoy!
- 1 pkg of IP rotini (or noodle of choice)
- 2 cups bone broth
- 2 tbsp salsa
- 2 oz cooked chicken
- 1/4 c chopped zucchini
- 1/8 c diced onion
- 1/8 c diced green chilis
- 1/4 c celery
- paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, sea salt, pepper, and chili powder to taste
Pour 2 cups of broth in to a saucepan, adding IP rotini, vegetables of choice (unless using Thrive freeze dried, then reserve to the end*) & simmer adding spices of choice until vegetables and noodles are cooked through, add in 2 tbsp of salsa and heat for 3-5 minutes.
This soup is super versatile because you can use your choice of noodles, and vegetables… even meats!
- 1/2 lb of julienned ham
- 1/2 packet of IP Salt and Vinegar Ridges crushed
- 4 Lg Portabello caps
- 3 cups of portobello mushrooms chopped
- 1 cup cucumber chopped
- 1 cup radish
- 1 Tbsp green onions chopped
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 2 Tbsp of Walden Farms Balsamic Vinaigrette dressing
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- S & P to taste
Marinate the 4 large mushroom caps with olive oil and garlic. Chop the remaining mushrooms. Slowly cook green onions in olive oil marinade from mushrooms. Add chopped mushrooms to pan and cook until all water is evaporated. Add chopped garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add dressing with ham, mix well.