Finding it hard to drink your daily amount of water?
Try this simple way of scheduling your water, making it easier to stay on track and drink the amount your body needs! Don’t like plain water? Try adding sliced cucumber or lemon wedges for flavor! #billingslastdiet #hydrate
What a perfect week night recipe! Quick! Easy! And oh so TASTY!!
5-Ingredient Lemon Pepper Salmon
1 tbsp olive oil
4 (5 oz) salmon fillets
Sea Salt to taste
Lemon pepper seasoning to taste
¼ cup vinegar
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season both sides of salmon fillets with salt and lemon pepper. Add to hot skillet and cook until browned, about 2 minutes per side.
Add vinegar to skillet and reduce heat to a simmer. Continually spoon liquid over fish and cook until vinegar is thick and syrupy and salmon is cooked through, about 2 more minutes for medium, longer for well done. Serve immediately.
Recipe by ideallyyou.org
Marinated Cucumbers (All phase friendly)
2 cucumbers, sliced very thin
1 sweet onion, sliced very thin
1/2 cup raw apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup water
juice from 1/2 lemon
Himalayan salt and pepper
1 teaspoon chili flakes
1. Mix marinade ingredients together.
2. Toss in cucumbers and onions.
3. Let marinate overnight in refrigerator.
Recipe by www.idealweightcenters.com
Summer is in Full Swing!
That means busy days and bbq dinners! This Lemon Chicken and Asparagus Foil Recipe is the perfect easy summer night’s dinner! Be sure to substitute the butter for olive oil or grape seed oil to remain Phase 1-2 Compliant.
Don’t let stress control your life and your weight loss!
Take back control with a few basic yoga poses to help bring balance to your mind and body! Mental health plays a big roll in weight loss success! Do not underestimate the power of your mind!
Miss your fancy Starbucks Summer drink?!
Never fear, HERE IS A RECIPE that will be sure to hit the spot!
BBQ Friendly Cucumber and Tomato Salad!
So simple and so delicious!!
You will need:
2 cucumbers-peeled and sliced or quartered
5 Roma tomatoes-quartered
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoons rice vinegar
Dill seasoning and salt and pepper to taste
Combine all above ingredients and shake well. Refrigerate for a few hours before serving.
WOLFGANG PUCK’S GRILLED ROSEMARY GARLIC SHRIMP KEBABS: Summer is in full swing, so fire up your BBQ!
3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon lemon zest, grated
2 or 3 fresh basil leaves, cut into fine julienne strips
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
2 lemons, cut into 8 wedges, seeds removed
8 sturdy fresh rosemary sprigs, each 6 to 8 inches long
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. In a large nonreactive bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, lemon zest, basil, and garlic.
2. Add the shrimp, stir to coat them evenly, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour and no more than 3 hours.
3. Preheat an outdoor grill, an indoor double-sided grill or the broiler. Strip the leaves from each rosemary sprig, leaving just a tuft at one end. With the knife or gardening sheers, trim the opposite end of each branch to a point. Soak in water for 15 minutes.
4.With the tip of a small, sharp knife, carefully remove any visible seeds from the lemon wedges. Set the wedges aside.
5. Remove the shrimp from the marinade and skewer them on the rosemary sprigs, passing the point of each branch through both the head and tail end of each shrimp and alternating the shrimp with lemon wedges on the skewers.
6. When the grill or broiler is ready, season the shrimp on both sides with salt and pepper to taste. Place the skewers on the grill rack directly over the fire, or under the broiler, and cook until they turn bright pink all over, 1 to 2 minutes per side, turning the skewers once with long-handled tongs.
Serve immediately, encouraging guests to slide the shrimp and lemon wedges carefully off their skewers and squeeze the warm lemon wedges over the shrimp.
*Courtesy of Wolfgang Puck’s “Wolfgang Puck Makes it Easy.”
Spinach Chips Recipe
Spinach leaves 2 Cups (32 tbs) (big, healthy looking leaves)
Extra virgin olive oil 1 Tablespoon (as reqired)
Italian seasoning blend To Taste
Sea Salt To Taste
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Line a baking sheet with foil. Set aside.
3. In a bowl, put the spinach leaves. Put olive oil and mix it well without breaking or tearing the leaves. (I put the oil in an empty “I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter” spray bottle, and spray the leaves. I find it gives a more even coverage with less oil use)
4. Sprinkle salt and Italian blend and mix well till all leaves are coated.
5. Take the foil lined baking sheet and arrange the leaves in a single layer without any overlaps.
6. Bake in the oven for 8 minutes. Remove from the oven and let it sit on the baking sheet for another 2 minutes.
7. Using a spatula, transfer them into a bowl or plate.
8. In a serving bowl or plate, serve the spinach chips with a nice dip and a refreshing beverage.
Make them in batches. Do not overcrowd the baking sheet. Every leaf should be exposed to the heat.
To read more and view video and original recipe click HERE
Beat the Heat!
What better to beat the heat then crock pots and comfort food IP Style! Check out this IP friendly Meatloaf recipe from Ideal Weight Loss. What is your favorite IP comfort food?